Since its inception in 1985, the Lake Country Museum & Archives has been active in collecting, preserving and presenting to the public, artifacts, manuscripts and photographs documenting the history of Lake Country.
Within the Museum are exhibit cases of, for example, historic patent medicine and Okanagan Indian artifacts. Visitors may also examine our archival collections.
Below is a map representation of the Lake Country Museum.
The Wentworth Cabin, situated on the museum grounds, is open to the public during museum hours. It is believed the cabin was built in 1906. The cabin stood on its original property on Camp Road until 1999.
The OK Patio Café will reopen on Mothers’ Day, 2018. The Tea Room is open six days a week — closed on Tuesdays. Hours are weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lake Country , B. C.
Lake Country Museum
Lake Country , B. C.
To purchase any of these items please drop in to the Lake Country Museum, telephone us, or contact us online. Shipping charges will be applied to all mail-order items.
Kettle Valley Railway Trestles — watercolour by Margaret Kyle ($20.00). These large posters are suitable for framing.
Okanagan Historical Society Reports
Back copies of Okanagan History ($5.00 each)
- Heritage Notecards Sets ($6.00 for set of 3, with envelopes).
- KVR Trestles by Margaret Kyle ($3.00 each; includes envelope).
- SS Sicamous heritage photograph cards ($3.00 each; includes envelope).
- Insect art cards by Dr. Ward Strong ($3.50 each; includes envelope).
- Landscapes art cards by Dr. Ward Strong ($3.50 each; includes envelope).
- Fish art cards by Dr. Ward Strong ($2.00 each; includes envelope).
- Kokanee Salmon art cards by Murray Johnson (two for $3.00; includes envelopes).
Spirit of Lake Country: Heritage and Culture. Lake Country, BC: Lake Country Museum & Archives, 2010. ($12.00)
Kakonosedai. A Century of Community. Lake Country, BC: Lake Country Museum & Archives, 2014. ($15.00)
Baughen, Penny. Carr’s Landing: A History. Lake Country, BC: Carr’s Landing Community & Recreation Association, 2006. ($20.00)
Taylor, Ron. Fir Valley. A History. ($20.00)
Carruthers, Margaret. Paved with Good Intentions. ($20.00)
Heritage Driving Tour. Lake Country, BC: Lake Country Museum & Archives. ($7.00)
Songs of Kalamalka. Collected and arranged by Dorothea Allison. Oyama, BC, 1944. ($5.00
Main Street: The Heart of the Community. Heritage Week. Lake Country, BC: Central Okanagan Heritage Week Committee, 2015. ($10.00
Monod, Alys. The Swiss Village Resort. Lake Country, BC: Lake Country Museum & Archives, 2014. ($10.00)
A CD of the manuscript including a biography of Gerry Monod (1914-1980). Monod was a pioneer skier in Banff, Sunshine Village and Silver Star and owner of the Swiss Village Resort in Oyama, BC.
Neame, Laura. Lost in the Archives: Lake Country’s past through letters, diaries and journals. Lake Country, BC: Lake Country Museum & Archives, 2014. ($10.00)
Oral Histories of Lake Country’s Artists. DVD and catalogue set. Lake Country, BC: Lake Country Museum and Archives, 2014. ($25.00)
Kobayashi, Audrey. Remembering and Redress: The Japanese Canadian experience in Lake Country. Lake Country, BC: Lake Country Museum & Archives.($10.00)
- Postcards ($.50 each or 3 for $1.00)
- Framed print of Kettle Valley Railway train
- Matted 5 x 7 sketch of SS Sicamous ($12.00)
- Various framed heritage prints
- Assorted glassware ($10.00 – $40.00)
- Apron. Lake Country Museum ($39.00)
- T-shirt. BC 150th Anniversary ($10.00)
- Assorted old-fashioned candy: Whirly pops ($2.50), Maple sugar pops ($2.25), Jaw breakers ($ .25), Candy sticks ($ .50)