Lake Country Timeline
The District of Lake Country is located the central Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. It has evolved over the last two hundred years from the homeland of the Okanagan Indians, who used the area for hunting, fishing and gathering, to an area dominated by widely separated cattle ranches, to a region with a more dense rural, fruit growing population and, more recently, to an community of mixed industry.
Since the early twentieth century local farmers have been serviced by small villages: Oyama, Winfield, Okanagan Centre, and Carr’s Landing. In 1995 these communities amalgamated to become the District of Lake Country but these communities retain their own identities. Lake Country maintains its rural character, based on fruit growing, viticulture, light manufacturing, all-season tourism and retirement living. The area is an all seasons playground with an abundance of parks, beaches, playing fields, sports facilities, hiking trails, and cultural amenities.
This Lake Country Timeline is interactive. If you are looking for something in particular, you can search for a specific card. Browse through the years by clicking on the timeline below.
Timeline: 1850 – present
Click on the arrows at the ends of the timeline or on dates.
Prior to 1850 - Indian name, Grant IslandThe island in Okanagan Lake, now know as Grant Island
1850: prior to 1850 - Indian Name, WinfieldConteAks-Klukem is the Indian name for Winfield. Source: Louis, Shirley. Q’sapi.nt
1850: Indian Name —Oyama Isthmus“Axas-lu-chus” is the Indian name for the Oyama peninsula.
1855: 1858 - Wagon TrainThe first record of a wagon train passing through the Okanagan Valley was in 1858
1870: 1871 - Thomas Wood settlesThomas Wood was born at Buena Vista, Newfoundland, on March 1, 1841.
1875: October 15, 1877 - CommonageCanada and British Columbia signed the Agreement of 1875-1876
1885: Prior to 1890 - Carr’s Landing RoadCarr’s Landing Road was first established sometime prior to 1890.
1890: 1893 - S. S. AberdeenA classic western sternwheeler, the S. S. Aberdeen was completed in 1893.
1890: 1893 - Commonage AuctionIn October of 1893, Vernon city clerk Mr. Davies conducted the auction
1890: 1890-1899 - Goldie RoadGoldie Road (formerly Caesar Road) was first established between 1890-1899.
1890: 1893 - Rainbow RancheIn 1893, the Barr brothers bought what was to become the Rainbow Ranche
1895: 1896 - Caesar and Valentine buy Rainbow RancheAround 1896, when the Barr brothers wanted to join
1895: 1895 - Carr’s LandingCarr’s Landing was a ‘stop’ on the Okanagan Lake steamer route. It was named for Andrew Carr, a settler, who planted apple, pear and peach trees. He died in 1910.
1895: 1899 - Duck Lake SchoolDuck Lake School was the first school in the Winfield area. It was built by volunteer labour and the first teacher was Miss Effie Etheridge.
1900: 1901 - Glenmore RoadThe portion of Glenmore located in Lake Country begins at the junction of Highway 97 and Beaver Lake Road,
1900: 1904 - Hayton RoadHayton Road runs from Todd Road to Oyama Lake Road in Oyama. It was established in 1904 and named after Jack Hayton, a parson’s son.
1900: 1900-1910 - Irrigation systemThe key to growing agricultural crops in the Okanagan Valley was, and is, water.
1900: 1907 - Lodge RoadLodge Road took its name from William Lodge, who came to the Winfield area in 1907.
1900: 1900 - Paddle wheelersThe paddle wheelers of Okanagan Lake carried freight and people from 1893 with the S. S. Aberdeen to 1972
1900: 1900 - Spion KopWe think that the man who first called our mountain Spion Kop, was Northcote Caesar’s brother, Leslie, a veteran of the Boer War after the Battle of Spion Kop.
1900: 1904 - Whipple RoadWhipple Road is not marked on current maps but it was established in 1904.
1905: 1909 - Alvaston and the Jam Tin Post OfficeArthur Chatterton, the first Postmaster of Alvaston, was actually born in London, England, in 1876
1905: 1907 - Cemetery RoadCemetery Road was established in 1907 with its starting point on Davidson Road and proceeding south to a dead end.
1905: 1906 - Cheesman RoadCheesman Road is located in Okanagan Centre; its initial point is Camp Road and it is a dead end gravel road.
1905: September 5, 1908 - Completion of CanalTo improve transportation for the steamers on the lakes
1905: 1909 - First Winfield SchoolThe first meeting of the Wood Lake School District (Winfield) was held at the home of James Pearcey in the summer of 1909.
1905: 1906 - George Gibson PropertyGeorge Gibson arrived in Canada from his native England eighteen months before he bought this forty-five acre property.
1905: 1907 - Hare RoadHare Road was first established in 1907 and is located in Okanagan Centre.
1905: 1907 - InterlakenThe Interlaken area consisted of those…lands in the district situated between the east side and the west side benches of Oyama.
1905: 1908 - Kaloya ParkEgbert and Annie Trask were married in Nova Scotia in 1886 and moved to Yakima, Washington, where they operated a sheep ranch
1905: 1906 - M. P. WilliamsM. (Malcolm) P. (Parker) Williams purchased the old Thomas Wood property at the south end of Long (Kalamalka) Lake.
1905: 1907 - Maddock Avenue (Road)Maddock Avenue (Road) was established in Okanagan Centre in 1907. It started at 3rd Street and was a dead-end road.
1905: 1906 - Old CemeteryThe old cemetery dates from between 1906 and 1908 when the Maddock Brothers gave a lot of land (East half, Lot 66, Plan 444) for the cemetery,
1905: 1906 - OyamaA Post Office was established in the home of Dr. W. H. Irvine’s in 1906 with Dr. Irvine acting as the first Post Master.
1905: 1907 - Pretty RoadPretty Road was established in 1907 and stretched from Highway 97 at the junction of Oceola Road; it was a dead end street.
1905: March 25, 1909 - Road on West Shore of Wood LakeWhen the canal between Wood Lake and Long Lake (Kalamalka) was completed in 1908, the water level of
1905: 1908 - Tyndall RoadTyndall Road, established in 1908, runs from Okanagan Centre Road through to Camp Road.
1905: 1906 - Wentworth CabinThis cabin was constructed and lived in by the Wentworth brothers, Cyril and Joe, when they came to this area from England.
1905: 1907 - Williams Road EstablishedWilliams Road, established in 1907, was named after M. P. Williams. The road started at Bond Road and terminated at Okanagan Centre Road East.
1910: October 27, 1910 - All Saints Anglican ChurchWhen the cornerstone of the original Anglican Church was removed, one of the papers discovered in a soft tin box
1910: 1910 - Allison RoadAllison Road was first established in May 1910. Its starting point was at Oyama Road and it terminated at Middlebench Road.
1910: 1910 - Camp RoadCamp Road runs from the Winfield Fire Hall on Okanagan Road East, to Okanagan Centre.
1910: 1913 - Eversley House (Gibson House)Built in 1913 by Teddy Hare, Curly Carter and Jim Gleed, Eversley House was built for George Gibson.
1910: 1912 - Gibson HouseIn 1912, George Gibson hired local carpenter Teddy Hare to build the beautiful two-storey family home with
1910: 1913 - IrrawarraIrrawarra, owned by Arthur Fleetwood Wilson from 1913 to 1926, was probably named after the community of Irrawarra, near Colac, Victoria, in Australia
1910: 1911 - Oyama School “the little white school house”In 1911, the one room “little white school house” was built on land across the road from the Railway Section House.
1910: 1910, approx. - Pixton RoadP.W., as Percy Walter Pixton was known, was from a wealthy family in Liverpool.
1910: 1910 - Sawmill RoadSawmill Road was established in September 1926. The original name for Sawmill Road was Young-Geer Road.
1910: 1911 - Tennis Club OrganizedThe Okanagan Centre Tennis Club is organized with its court situated near the old community store. Source: The Magazine, June 25, 1998.
1910: 1913 - V_V RanchArthur Fleetwood Wilson purchased land, the V_V Ranch (V Bar V), at the south-east corner of Long Lake, and ran this property as a ranch for several years.
1915: 1917 - O. W. Hembling Buys Fruit RanchOrris Woolner Hembling was born in Bloomingdale, in Waterloo County, Ontario in 1877.
1915: 1916 - Oyama School ExpandedBy 1916 Oyama’s ‘little white school house’ was overcrowded so in February 1917, a new two-storey school with two classrooms was built.
1915: 1918 - Oyama United ChurchOyama United Church was built in 1918. The land was donated by Mr. Young; the financing was provided by
1920: 1921 - Trewhitt Road EastEstablished in 1921, Trewhitt Road East branches off of Oyama Road and is named after John (Jack) Trewhitt
1920: early 1920s - Berry RoadBerry Road in Winfield got its name from one of the areas early pioneers, Ralph Berry.
1920: 1922 - Gatzke Road EstablishedGatzke Road in Oyama begins at Highway 97 and is a dead end road. The road is named after a prominent Oyama family.
1920: May 1922 - Irvine Road EstablishedThe Irvine family originated in Scotland and immigrated to the USA and Canada through Ireland.
1920: 1923 - Lloyd RoadLloyd Road was first established in 1923 and named after one of Lake Country’s most travelled pioneers, John Lloyd.
1920: 1920 - Official Name for WinfieldIn 1920 the people of the Winfield area decided that they needed to have an official name for their area.
1920: 1921 - Okanagan Centre LibraryIn 1921 the Okanagan Centre Women’s Institute decided to be responsible for a local library (I think that
1920: 1921 - Oyama School—High SchoolBy 1921 the Oyama community felt that it needed a high school. An extra classroom was added to the back of
1920: 1921 - Tennis Club Builds New CourtsThe Tennis Club built new clay courts and a Pavillion on what is now the playground of the Okanagan Centre
1920: 1921 - Winfield Community Hall, FirstIn the Minutes of the Winfield Hall Association’s April 5, 1921 meeting, Chairman E. C. Shanks read a letter from
1920: 1923 - Winfield Elementary SchoolIn 1923, a new school was built on the corner of what is now Berry Road and Highway 97, directly west of the
1925: 1926 - Hebbert RoadHebbert Road was named after Commander William Hebbert who bought property at the end of the road in 1921 (miner). It was established in September, 1926.
1925: 1929-1930 - Holtom’s Service StationSid Holtom built Winfield’s first service station from lumber salvaged from the Duke House.
1925: 1929 - Okanagan Lake Frozen OverOkanagan Lake froze over in 1929. This meant that the paddlewheelers had to break their way through the ice to reach their docking points.
1925: Jan. 1926 - Weather Recording Station EstablishedThe original location for the Stevenson Shield
1925: 1927 - Winfield General StoreThe Winfield General Store was built by Mr. Lawley after his first store at the corner of Berry Road and Highway 97 was burned.
1930: 1930 - Gold Trails in Fir ValleyIt was during the depression years of the 1930s that mining for gold commenced, and then ceased for the most part sometime in the mid 1940s.
1930: Approx. 1930 - Sunnywold SchoolSunnywold School was the third school in the Commonage and was built close to Carr’s Landing
1930: January 1931 - Weather Station MovedWhen Mr. Venables died, the weather was not recorded for a couple of months.
1935: 1935 - Oyama School RenovationsIn 1935 power lines came to Oyama and all the schoolrooms were wired for electricity. Mr. Crawford did the job at a cost of $125.
1935: 1939 - The Winfield General StoreLes Clement’s store on Highway 97 was the shopping hub of Winfield and its population of perhaps five hundred or so.
1940: 1940 - Kalwood RanchPictured above are “Bo Bo” the 1961 Grand Champion Hereford Bull with herdsman Harold Somerset, left, and owner Vern Ellison.
1940: 1940 - Pollard’s Pond – Trap ShootingPollard’s Pond, as it was known to the locals, is now the upscale, quiet subdivision known grandly as “The Lakes.”
1945: 1948 - Al’s CafeAl and Ida Vecchio open Al’s Cafe in Winfield which they operated for forty years. It became a center of community activity for both children and adults.
1945: 1947 - Broadbent of Rainbow RancheAround 1947, an English barrister, Mr. Robert Broadbent, bought the Rainbow Ranche and brought his wife and
1945: 1948 - Ida Arbuckle CampPrior to 1948 local Guide groups from Kelowna and the surrounding area had camped at Cedar Creek or on property which was owned by Mr. and Mrs. Gibson.
1945: 1945 - Oyama School loses Upper ClassesBy 1945, attendance at Oyama School reached 106 students, elementary and high school, so in September of 1945,
1945: 1949 - Redecopp RoadRedecopp Road was first established in January 1949. Its starting point is at Rolyat Road and it is a dead end street. It was first paved in 1968.
1945: 1947-1949 - Reiswig Road EstablishedReiswig Road was first established in 1947. The road started at Woodsdale Road and terminated in a dead end. It was not paved until 1962.
1945: 1949 - Riemche RoadReimche Road was established in 1949 starting at Bottom Wood Lake Road and it was, and is, a dead end road. Reimche Road was first paved in 1982.
1945: 1949 - St. Edward’s Catholic ChurchSt. Edward’s Catholic Church was built in 1949. It was named for St. Edward the Confessor.
1945: 1947 - The Lake Shore GarageThe Lake Shore Garage was built by E. Swanson in 1947. It was later owned by Al Nagel and taken over by his son, Randy, in the 1970s.
1945: 1947 - Willett RoadWillett Road was first established around 1947 and paved in 1968.
1945: 1946 - Winfield Elementary School—First AdditionThe first addition to Winfield Elementary School was built
1945: 1949 - Winfield Memorial HallConstruction of the Winfield Memorial Hall was begun in 1947 and the Hall was opened in 1948.
1950: 1950 - Clement RoadThe Clement family is well known in the Central Okanagan and has two roads named after the family, one in Kelowna and one in Winfield.
1950: 1951 - Gibson / Broome PropertyGeorge Gibson died in 1950. His widow, Grace sold their property to a dentist, Dr. Ernie Broome, and moved to a small
1950: 1950 - Winfield Elementary School—Second AdditionThe second addition to the Winfield Elementary School was built to the
1955: 1959 - Oyama School Students Bussed to WinfieldBy 1959 George Elliot Secondary School in Winfield was completed and Oyama
1960: 1962-1965 - Okanagan HillclimbFor the years from 1962 to 1965, a multitude of fast, colourful and loud race cars moved to make shift pits and prepared to show who was “King of the Hill”.
1960: 1960 - Oyama School Changes and RenovationsThe sixties was a decade of gradual transition for Oyama School. The population of the school increased dramatically.
1960: Early 1960's - Winfield Elementary School—Third AdditionThe third addition to the school was the gymnasium that was built on the west of
1960: 1963 - Winfield Post OfficeThe new Winfield Post Office on Berry Road was officially opened in 1963.
1960: 1963 - Winfield Shopping CentreLes Clement began building the first phase of the Winfield Shopping Centre when the late Dr. Marion Dobson asked him if
1965: 1965 - Trewhitt Road WestTrewhitt Road West was established in 1965 when Arnold Trewhitt put a road in down to his lakeshore property.
1965: 1968 - Butterworth RoadHarold David Butterworth was born in Victoria on June 6, 1917 and died in Oyama on May 29, 1998. He and his wife Marjorie had two sons, Douglas and Donald.
1965: 1967 - Camp ArbuckleNew facilities for Camp Arbuckle were started. A. F. G. Drake drew up plans in consultation with the Guiders as to their needs.
1965: 1969 - McDonagh RoadMcDonagh Road extends north from Young Road to Lot 28 (the Miller property bought from Margaret Ackerman) in Oyama.
1965: 1966 - Wood Lake Elementary SchoolThe first pirst principal of Wood Lake Elementary School was James Berteig. For the first six years it was an
1965: 1969 - Young RoadYoung Road extends from Trask Road to Greenhow Road on the Oyama isthmus.
1970: 1972 - Ackerman RoadAckerman Road was established 1972 as part of subdivision 22361. It extends around the satellite sewer system to Trask Road.
1970: 1971 - Jack Seaton ParkJack Seaton Park was built on property leased from the Winfield Okanagan Centre Irrigation District for an annual lease payment of $1.00. The Park was built and maintained by a group of volunteers.
1970: 1970 - Oyama School Grades ReducedIn 1970, Oyama School went from kindergarten to grade three only. Grades five to seven attended Wood Lake Elementary School.
1970: 1972 - Roberts RoadRoberts Road in Oyama was named for Guy and Doreen Roberts from Calgary.
1970: 1970 - Wentworth RoadWentworth Road, which was established in 1970, is situated between Toby and Maki Roads off Gable Road in the Carr’s Landing area of Lake Country.
1970: 1970 - What-Not Thrift Shop opensIn 1969, a core group from Winfield United Church started the Thrift Shop project. Key members of the group were Peggy Love, Ruth Armeneau,
1970: 1972 - Whiskey Cove RoadWhiskey Cove Road, located in Carr’s Landing, was established and paved in 1972. Only a short strip of the road in Whiskey Cove is public; the rest is private and it is a dead
1975: 1979 - Aspen Grove Golf CourseAspen Grove Golf Course was designed and built in 1979 by Amand Koble. It was purchased in 1987 by Atie Vanderwerf.
1975: 1979 - Jack Seaton Park — Tennis CourtsTennis courts have been added to Jack Seaton Park — a Lake Country Lions Club project.
1975: 1979 - Oyama School ClosesIn September 1975, grade four students returned to Oyama Elementary School while grades five students went to Winfield Elementary.
1980: 1981-1982 - Cedar Court OpeningThe Winfield Seniors’ Housing Complex was renamed Cedar Court by the first residents.
1980: 1984 - Davidson Road Elementary SchoolDavidson Road Elementary is situated just off Davidson Road in
1980: 1984 - Founding of Cultural SocietyA formational meeting of the Lake Country Heritage and Cultural Society was held
1980: 1984 - Okanagan Centre School ClosingOkanagan Centre School activities will end on June 28, 1984 when the
1980: 1982 - Wentworth Cabin movedIn 1982, the original Wentworth cabin was moved to a new location on the Wentworth family property in Okanagan Centre.
1985: March 1985 - Camp Arbuckle WashroomsIn mid March, 1985, the building of indoor washroom and shower facilities at Camp Arbuckle commenced.
1985: August 1987 - Kopje Regional ParkThe Central Okanagan Regional District purchased this eight-acre property that has 600 feet of shoreline for $327,000. George and Susan
1985: 1985 - Opening of the Lake Country Museum in the SchoolMarch 13, 1985: The Lake Country Heritage and Cultural Society committee members
1985: June 6, 1987 - Oyama Father and Son Team Leaders in B.C.’s Fruit IndustryAt the convention in Penticton
1985: 1988 - Petrie RoadIn 1906 M. P. Williams bought 1750 acres of rangeland at the southeast corner of Wood Lake that he was to use as a stock and sheep ranch.
1985: Oct 15th, 1987 - The Day the Commonwealth came to TownThe forty-nine Commonwealth Heads of State, their spouses, security personnel and
1990: March, 1993 - A & W Permit ApprovedThe Regional District Board of Directors approved a development permit for the Winfield Plaza including an
1990: 1992 - Camp Arbuckle Ecological TrailIn 1992, an ecological trail was developed to help introduce drought resistant plants at Camp Arbuckle.
1990: 1992 - Peter Greer Elementary SchoolPeter Greer Elementary School, situated at 10300 Sherman Drive in East Winfield, opened in November 1992. The official opening took place on
1990: February 23, 1994 - Pioneer Park Hosts Swimming LessonsPioneer Park in Oyama has been hosting Red Cross
1990: 1990 - Rawsthorne RoadRawsthorne Road, located in Oyama to the north of Highway 97, is a cul-de-sac branching off from Wall Road.
1990: August 4, 1993 - Reiswig Regional ParkReiswig Regional Park opened on the south shore of Wood Lake. Source: The Calendar, August 4,1993.
1990: 1993 - Weather Station moved a third timeIn February 1993, Caroline Houston began recording the weather at her property in Okanagan Centre.
1990: 1994, April - Winfield PlazaOn its second attempt at bat, a rezoning application for property immediately north of Hill Road in Winfield has been approved by the Central Okanagan Regional District Board.
1990: 1993 - Winfield Professional BuildingWinfield Professional Building was built on the property where Al’s Cafe used to be. See 1948.
1995: 1996 - Camp Arbuckle DormitoriesIn 1996, dormitories and extra washroom facilities were built at Camp Arbuckle with funds from the B.C. Council of Girl Guides,
1995: April 1999 - Camp Road ReconstructionLawrence Enterprises began a $600,000 project to realign, smooth out, straighten and generally fix up the stretch of Camp Road from Okanagan Lake to Hare Road in
1995: April 14, 1999 - Davidson Road School Expansion Work StartsA design team started work on an expansion for Davidson Road Elementary School this
1995: April 1996 - Gibson House RestoredA restored Gibson House in Kopje Regional Park, Carr’s Landing, was officially opened as a heritage museum.
1995: 1995 - Incorporation of Lake CountryThe four communities of Carr’s Landing, Okanagan Centre, Oyama and Winfield incorporated to form the municipality of Lake Country.
1995: 1997 - Jack Seaton Park EnlargedJack Seaton Park’s 9.2 acres were unofficially donated to the municipality by the Winfield and Okanagan Centre Irrigation District.
1995: November 28, 1999 - Lake Country Sign — North EntryLake Country signs were installed on Highway 97 in two locations
1995: 1999, Lake Country Sign - South EntryThe south entry sign for Lake Country was placed on November 28, 1999 and officially christened with a ribbon cutting ceremony on December 3, 1999
1995: 1995? - Middleton Road EstablishedMiddleton Road may be relatively newly established but the Middleton family for whom it was named arrived in the area in 1903.
1995: June 10, 1999 - Sailing Club secures siteThe Lake Country Sailing and Boating Association has now secured a site for their operations.
1995: July 14, 1999 - Skateboard ParkA skateboard park is being built at Swallwell Park off Bottom Wood Lake Road. Source: The Calendar, July 14, 1999.
1995: 1998, December 1 - Wastewater Treatment PlantThe first homes were connected to Lake Country’s wastewater treatment plant.
1995: 1998 - Wentworth Cabin RelocatedWhen faced with the task of moving the historic Wentworth cabin from its former location on Camp Road to the Lake Country Museum,
2000: 2002 - “The Lakes” DevelopmentIn January, 2002, The Ministry of Transportation and Highways gave their stamp of approval for R-6 low density cluster housing and commercial zoning
2000: June, 2001 - Building CommunitiesThe bronze sculpture, Building Communities, by Geert Maas was initially installed on Main Street behind The Winfield Shopping Centre before it came to its final place in front
2000: 2003 - Circle of Life SculptureSculptor Toru Fujibayashi unveiled his ‘Circle of Life’ sculpture in Swalwell Park on October 23, 2003.
2000: Sept 27, 2000 - Davidson Road School parentsPixton Road parents along with Okanagan Centre parents who are on the fringes of the 4.8 km walk distances
20003: 2002, November - Gateway BlockThe south end of Main Street is really taking shape with Lake Country Investments moving ahead with Phase Two of their four-phase development.
2000: October 31, 2004 - Lake Country United ChurchAfter a decade of planning, the Winfield United Church, now the Lake Country United Church,
2000: 2003 - 2004 - Oyama School Goes TraditionalEarly in 2003 rumors began circulating that Oyama School would be closed and the grade sevens bussed to George Elliot Secondary School in Winfield.
2000: October 23, 2004 - Sculpture “Dancing Goose” unveiledA marble sculpture called “Dancing Goose” by Ede Axelson was unveiled in
2000: October 22, 2003 - Swalwell House demolishedThe home of Mrs. Jane Swalwell, the only remaining building left in Swalwell Park, was demolished.
2000: 2003 - Wastewater Treatment — Main StreetR and L Excavating began work in late November, prepping the land in order to begin installing sewer pipe under the area already dedicated for
2000: 2001 - Wastewater Treatment — Phase TwoWork began in February on Phase 2 of Lake Country’s
2001, June 28 - Winfield Elementary School ClosesAfter 78 years in operation, Winfield Elementary School closed as a school on June 28, 2001.
2000: 2003 - Dance of LifeArtist Terry Houston’s “Dance of Life” celebrates spawning Kokanee and the memory of Saul David Sigal.
2005: January 15, 1992 - Swalwell Park namedSwalwell Park was the most popular name suggested
2005: March 2007 - Calendar Publisher RetiresIt is the end of an era for The Calendar newspaper in Lake Country.
2005: August 26, 2007 - CentrePiece 2007CentrePiece 2007, the first one after the total renovation of space and exhibits at the Lake Country Museum,
2005: October, 2006 - Funky PearFunky Pear by Ede Axelson, is one of four marble sculptures to be commissioned by the Public Art Commission
2005: October, 2006 - God’s Totem at Jack Seaton ParkThe front entrance to Jack Seaton Park got a new face lift with the installation of a new gate,
2005: June 28, 2008 - Museum Tea Room OpensAfter several years of planning, a Tea Room is open at the Lake Country Museum.
2005: October 2006 - Pair in LovePair in Love is one of four marble sculptures commissioned by the Public Art Commission,
2005: October 2006 - Perfect PairPerfect Pair by Chris Malmkvist, is one of four marble sculptures to be commissioned by the Public Art Commission
2005: January 11,2005 - Sailing Club signs agreementThe Lake Country Sailing and Boating Association has signed an agreement with the District of Lake Country
2005: October 2006 - The PickerThe Picker by Dan Irvine, is one of four marble sculptures to be commissioned by the Public Art Commission
2015: January 16, 2016 - Dairy Queen Opens in WinfieldKelly Leach and Craig Misfeldt opened a Dairy Queen restaurant in Lake Country
2015: - Okanagan Rail Corridor borrowing goes to referendumLake Country, BC – Mayor and Council initiated a referendum on Tuesday, March 3rd